During pregnancy, due to hormonal changes, the mother’s face may become dry or oily than normal. Therefore, in addition to the rule of regular drinking water, increasing the intake of fruits and foods rich in vitamins E, C, and B, mothers should also pay attention to facial care for pregnant mothers.
Here are 6 steps of facial care for pregnant mothers to have a healthy and beautiful skin during pregnancy.
Pregnant mothers should use sunscreen
Do not use a lot of makeup during pregnancy, but one of the basic skin care steps you still need is to apply sunscreen before leaving the house.
At this time, pregnant mother skin is very sensitive, the risk of pigmentation and dark skin is usually higher than before pregnancy. Therefore, sunscreen is a necessary protective layer for pregnant mothers to prevent these phenomena.
Using sunscreen during pregnancy, pregnant mothers should pay attention to the following:
- It is best to choose a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 or more.
- Choose a mineral or physical sunscream type sunscreen. Avoid products containing oxybenzone as this will affect the weight of the fetus. Oxybenzone, avobenzone and homosalate are substances that can adversely affect the pregnancy hormone. Therefore, it is best for mothers to choose sunscreen products with natural ingredients.
- Apply sunscreen every 2-3 hours or more if pregnant mother must regularly stay outdoors and exposed to a lot of sun.
- Do not use spay type sun protection products. Titanium dioxide is often contained in these sunscreens. When pregnant mothers sunscreen spray, they can inhale the product’s water jets, affecting the health of mothers and babies.
- Choosing a sunscreen should avoid non-nano because this type of product usually contains zinc to help diffuse UV rays. Choosing a sunscreen with a mineral ingredient will be safer for pregnant women.
- Oil alkaline sunscreen is essential for pregnant mothers. Hormones in pregnancy make many mothers vote for oil and cause acne more easily than before. Therefore, mothers should choose an oil-free sunscreen to help the skin in pregnancy not become too dull and blemish.
Makeup remover before going to bed – An essential step for healthy, glowing skin
Even though it’s just using sunscreen every day, pregnant moms should still remove makeup before going to bed. Makeup remover will help remove any unnecessary oils and chemicals on your face. Thanks to that, the skin can breathe and have better nighttime recovery time.
Wash your face with a natural cleanser
After removing makeup, gently wash your face under cold, running water. Massage your face clockwise for a smooth stretch.
In addition, when choosing a cleanser during pregnancy, you should note:
- Use natural cleansers such as aloe vera, oats, almond oil, etc.
- Choose to use a cleanser with cleansing effects rather than cleansers with whitening properties or acne treatment because they often contain ingredients accutane, retin-a or tetracycline, which are easy to cause skin irritation and damage. for the fetus.
Moisturize your face with toner
Facial skin whether dry or oily, moisturizing with toner is still necessary for every pregnant mother. Provide enough necessary moisture to help pregnant mother healthy skin and avoid the phenomenon of pigmentation.
Note that mothers should choose non-alcoholic toners to avoid irritation to sensitive skin during this time.
Apply natural masks from 2-3 times / week
During pregnancy, mothers take some time to apply masks with natural ingredients to increase moisture and nutrients to the skin. Some simple natural masks are effective for pregnant mothers such as:
M Lay mask milk + Technology + honey. With the main ingredient of turmeric, this mask will help the mother’s skin become smooth and shiny, effectively treating bruises.
Aloe mask. Use fresh aloe vera, cut the skin into thin slices and apply on face for 3-5 minutes. Then rinse the mother will feel the skin plump and softer.
Egg yolk + honey mask. Take the egg yolks mixed with 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply evenly on face and let stand for about 10 minutes. Then rinse again. Mother will feel smoother and softer skin.
Apply moisturizer to your face before going to bed
Applying moisturizer is the final step in the process of taking care of the pregnant mother’s face before going to sleep, ensuring the skin is provided with the necessary moisture for the recovery process at night.
If you have dry skin, use a thick cream. Meanwhile, if the mother’s skin is oily and blemishes, it is better to use a liquid lotion or serum and avoid the skin getting clogged up at night.
For pregnant mothers with acne, after completely these steps, mothers can apply more acne cream on the skin. Some relatively safe acne medications can be used during pregnancy such as azelaic acid creams, benzoyl peroxide or topical antibiotic Clindamycin.
Thus, with these 6 steps of facial care for pregnant mothers, mothers can be assured of a healthy pregnancy as well as have a smooth, vibrant skin.